Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Welcome

Greetings to all that find my blog. Let me introduce myself and then describe the purpose of this blog. My name is Brian O'Connor, and I work at a company called Silverlink. This is the introduction that is presented on the Silverlink corporate website....

Silverlink is the leader in personalized voice solutions for client communication. Focused on the healthcare market, Silverlink enables enterprises to easily create and manage voice interactions with thousands of customers at a time. Silverlink drastically reduces the cost of communicating with clients while improving financial results and customer care.

As one of the original members of the team that started Silverlink it has been my priviledge to watch a company grow from nothing into what is now perceived as a market and technology leader. I'm the technology guy, not the market guy. During this sometimes difficult journey, my experience with VXML, CCXML and other various voice technologies has been sometimes more difficult than the building of the company itself.

Why is this, and why does it have to be that way. While sometimes the issues have been around the implementation of a standard, sometimes the standard itself has been confusing. This blog's purpose is to describe some of the CCXML, VXML, and SALT idiosyncrasies and for others to comment on their experiences. At the same time, if others have had some difficulties with the language and wish to have some answers then don't be afraid to ask them here.

Have you something to say about voice technologies, then let me know. Members are always welcome, and contributors are always appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger rcc_kukur said...

Brian - since you have dealt with CCXML - do you have any killer application for CCXML in mind? Have you created a decent demo app using CCXML - if yes - can you provide me some details?

You can post it as a comment or send me a mail at aarshi@sbcglobal.net.

Regds

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home